Friday 24 July 2015

Goodiford Mill 19/07/2015

Unfortunately the match at Milemead was cancelled last minute due to lack of interest which is a shame as its a good fishery and i was expecting a decent day but as i had all the bait and tackle in the car i decided i had to go somewhere so i decided upon  Goodiford Mill  I must say it truly is a fantastic venue

Arrived to find a match had been booked on the lower part of the lake so fished the top bank surrounded by Carpies who had alarms all set up (why they do this on a match lake is beyond me)
I quickly set up a method feeder and chucked it towards the far bank whilst i attempted to set up my Pellet waggler but within 40 seconds the tip wrapped around and i had a lovely 4lb mirror carp in the net.
I decided to wait and set up the rest of my gear before casting again.

I set up up my pellet waggler and 2 pole lines one at top 2 plus 2 and a margin line for my left hand side in about 15" of water.

Once i all set up i cast the method over to the far bank waited 30 seconds then the tip wrapped round again but this time the fish came off.

This set the pattern for the day and i have never lost so many fish in one day not sure whether it was me my hook choice or just fish that had been caught alot and had bad lips

After half an hour i heard some lads arrive who were having the match and instantly recognized the voices as some of the Newton Abbot lads inc the Torbay Tart obviously none of them had my number or else I'm sure they would have rung?


I decided to try my luck and fish alongside the match so i left my swim for half an hour and started again on the all in  I had 35 Carp averaging 4/5lb rotating between a method feeder and Pellet waggler mainly on 8 mm pellets but a few on 6s also had 2 larger carp from the Margins on the pole late on.

I did fish before and after the match and emptied my keepnet twice during the match as i only brought 1 from the car so my weight wasn't a true measure of the day but in all i had well over 200lb inc the fish before and after the match so not a bad days fishing.

Next up will be another pleasure trip not sure where yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment