Monday 27 July 2015

Filham Park Lake Ivybridge 25/07/2015

After picking up a new seatbox from Ivybridge i was in two minds whether to fish Filham Park or Little Allers fishery as both were within 5 Minutes but after speaking to a PADCAC member i decided on Filham with the promise of lots of fish and a possible Chub.
So a quick stop at the Watermark Library for my ticket £6.25 for 12 hours or £8.25 for 24 then straight to the lake.
I arrived and found a few people fishing some Carpies and a few pleasure anglers and the lake looked lovely with lots of little Islands dabbed around.
I was assured peg 17 was a favoured peg so was surprised to find it empty but settled myself down for a pleasant days fishing.
I set up a method feeder for fishing tight to the Island and 2 pole rigs i for top 2 plus 2 in about 3ft of water and 1 for my right hand margin under a bush which looked very inviting but produced nothing.
I Started on the feeder loaded with Micro pellets and a 6mm hard pellet banded on a size 16 hook and soon had a small skimmer followed by a 8oz Roach but it was hardly hectic so tried my pole line.

I tried sweetcorn,6mm pellet 8 mm pellet and 6 and 8mm meat but all i could get was Roach admittedly nice ones mainly ranging from 6-10oz's so i managed to build a weight quite quickly.

I had another go on the feeder but every time i cast the feeder was attacked by small roach boiling over it so i decided to concentrate on the pole.

I tried the margins but never had a sign of anything big just little nibblers reducing my pellet into small pea shaped nuggets so i decided to try a little further out with an 8 mm pellet it took longer to get a decent bite but suddenly i had a Roach of around a 1lb and a quarter a really lovely fish then almost immediately a gorgeous Crucian of over a 1lb and a half.

I had a few small Carp but nothing over a pound and i couldn't find a tench or Chub.
looking around the lake it seemed to have fished quite hard for the larger species and with so many little roach attacking anything that went it i decided to call it a day a bit earlier than planned.

I will be back as i quite fancy doing a night to see if there are any larger Carp around and hopefully catch a Chub i will bring Robbie as he will have great fun catching the roach and smaller Carp that seem to be everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment