Sunday 23 August 2015

A few trips but busy at work

Been a busy time at work but have managed a few pleasure trips recently with Robbie and my Daughter decided to tag along for an overnight session at Filham pond hoping for her first Carp.

But lets start back a week or so and a very pleasant evening spent at Upham Farm we arrived around 4.15pm and as the evening rate doesn't start until 5pm we decided to have a quick walk around.
We instantly noticed some Carp feeding in lake 6 and although we had planned to fish lake 5 we thought we may come back and have a quick go here.

Upham Farm is a lovely Fishery set in some beautiful countryside and offer 6 pretty easy lakes with lots of fish and is aimed mainly at Tourists and pleasure anglers, it also has a specimen lake which does hold some Bigger Carp.

People seemed to be catching a few small carp on pegs 2,3 and 4 but as no one was fishing on 5 or 6 we headed back and got set up.

I quickly assembled a Margin rig for Robbie to try and catch the feeding Carp in lake 6 they were just under a bush at around 8 mtr's away.

Robbie managed to Manoeuvre the rig into the exact spot and within 30 seconds the float buried and a 2lb Carp was quickly Netted.

The same happened on the next 6 drops with fish from 8oz to 3lb being caught.

I set up a feeder rod and tried down the opposite margin and instantly caught a few carp but 3lb seemed to be as big as they got in this lake so after 45 minutes and 20+ fish between us we decided to settle back on lake 5.

I gave Robbie a slightly heavier Set up as I knew the Carp grew bigger in this lake sat him on his seatbox and showed him whereto lower his rig. There was a lovely cut in about 4 Mtrs to his left andi had pre baited it with some pellets and corn.

Robbie lowered his rig and within 2 minutes had a 6lbcarap pulling his elastic all around his peg he landed it and caught a few more before the lure of tree climbing overcame him and I started to fish instead.

I had a great 30 minutes landing half a dozen Carp with the biggest topping 10 pound and a few Skimmers upto 1lb or so

Robbie finished with a nice 6lb carp

The Following Monday I returned to Filham Park to see if I could get a Decent Carp or Chub from the lake

I decided on doing a night as I had a weeks holiday so plenty of time to get over it.

We arrived early and popped into the donkey sanctuary which is right next to the lake and then had a nice picnic and play in the park before settling down on a lovely double peg either 10and 11 or 9 and 10 can't remember

My daughter had decided to stay with us for the night so I set up a quick silvers rig for her and Robbie showed her how to put a maggot on and she tarted to catch small Roach and Rudd

We had a nice trip catching F1s, Crucians some small carp, Tench and Skimmers I also believe I hooked a quite large pike that mullered a 6oz roach that had taken a 6mm pellet but it let go about 5 mtr's from the bank without us seeing it but I can't work out was else it could have been.
My Daughter did catch a small carp of around 2lb so a good trip but nothing large enough to warrant a third trip anytime soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment