Tuesday 19 January 2016

Pleasure Trip Kia Ora lakes Cullompton. 16/01/2016

Decided to visit Kia Ora this week as the weather looked quite decent but cold
Arrived to find it's quite a walk from the car park to the lakes plus with it being quite boggy made it quite hard going.

When I eventually got to the lakes i couldn't decide to fish for silvers in the silver lake or Carp in the Gold Lake, my mind was soon made up as the gold lake was frozen.

I started to set up when a pleasant Chap called Stewart came along and dtold me everything i would know about all the lakes rivers and canals around Cullompton and Tiverton.

An hour later I managed to finish setting up only 2 rigs both for top 2 plus 2 at 3 1/2 ft of water 1 with a no 6 Elastic and 1 with a number 10 elastic in case some slightly bigger skimmers came around luckily the depth was quite uniform so i could use the same at Just Topkit or topkit plus 3 if needed.

Stewart started to catch small Roach almost immediately on a whip quite close in and tehn had a few small Tench and a Perch followed by some Skimmers I remained biteless for the first hour.

Stewart must have remembered something that he hadn't told so he came over for another half hour chat and i managed to get a few small Roach but i was really struggling to get more than a few fish before my swimd died.

Stewart came back over during his lunch break and I manged to hook what i believe was a smallish carp as my number 6 elastic tore off I thought i had the fish under control when the hook pulled.

Next Drop i had a nice Perch followed by a nice Skimmer and a few more Roach.

Not alot happened after that apart from Stewart telling me about the lakes around cullompton again so an early finish was had.

As it was early and on Stewart's advise i popped onto the River Culm to have a quick look and found an angler fishing a lovely spot and spent 15 minutes chatting and watching him land a Roach every chuck including a few over a pound and with the promise of Chub,Barbel and Dace also being present next week i may spend my first day on a River Coarse fishing and hopefully My son Robbie will come along weather permitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment