Monday 18 May 2015

John Loveridge Memorial Match Wheel/Wapperwell NAFA

Game of 2 Halves today.
Arrived for the draw to find 16 people we would be split with 11 on wheel and 6 on Wapperwell not sure why it was split that way and it seemed to confuse a few other peoples.

As previously mentioned I was hoping for 5/16 or 18 so when I drew 17 I wasn't to disappointed.
Being a pole only match it was a simple set up a 1 rig for the margins, 1 for the far bank at 2ft deep and a rig for 2 plus 2 for roach.
My peg for the day

Baits for the day would be Pellet and Meat for the carp and some maggots for the silvers.
The all in was called and I started on the far bank it was clear from the onset that peg 12 would be a flyer as he had the whole left half of  the lake to himself whilst peg 9 had the other half of their end.
Within 30 minutes peg had 12 had 5 carp and was streaking away from everyone else.
A few other fish were being landed mainly small carp.
I had never fished at 14.5 Mtrs and was finding it tricky, I missed a few bites but after 40 minutes had a decent take and my Elastic went shooting out and the fish swam straight towards and I was expecting a small carp to pop up then it woke up and it took me  a few minutes to lland a nice Carp of around 6 lbs straight back out but nothing  so after 30 minutes I had a brief spell on the roach line and had a few small roach and a little Crucian.
Another look on the far bank produced a quick bite and a small carp of around a pound was landed.
I stayed on the far bank and had another small carp followed by a Tench.
After the first 3 Hours I though I was second on the lake and doing well.
Unfortunately the second half of the match didn't go to plan and apart from small roach and Perch and 1 lost Carp I had nothing whilst watching either side of me land a number of fish.
Long story short I ended with 4Kg 270g  top weights came from Peg 12 and 9 followed by 18 and 16 Top weight was 19kg second was 14kg third and fourth were 13 and 12 kg
In all a good day and I enjoyed fishing long looking forward to the start of the Wednesday evening league run by NAFA on Wheel and Island hoping for a similar draw as today although I do fancy peg 18 to fish it's socks off.

No comments:

Post a Comment