Thursday 28 May 2015

Wednesday night Match Newton Abbot Fishing Association

Arrived at the lake just after 5 for the 5.30 draw and saw a couple of new faces for Wednesday night unfortunately a few of the older faces were missing so only 16 were present.
I managed to draw pick 12 for the second week running so again was limited to my options and bottled it and went for peg 5 again rather than trying a new peg
I set up 4 rigs 2 for the far bank in 24" of water 1 for meat 1 for pellet another for the Margins either side and a short rig as there seemed to be a few fish moving.
Baits for tonight would be 6mm hard pellet some meat and i had some corn left from the weekend.
I had a few soaked micro's and some Red Lake groundbait to try.
On the all in I  hooked my keepnet and as i tried to unhook it snapped the keepnet attachment "signs of thing's to come".
I finally went straight across to the far bank and waited and waited and waited swapping rigs and bait.
After 50 minutes my floated started to move slowly to the right and started to disappear i struck gently expecting it to be a liner and was proved to be right as the carp took off and came off almost immediately.
After another 10 minutes I fed a ball of Soaked micros and was immediately rewarded with a lovely bite i played the fish to the net but as it surfaced it shook it's head and the hook popped out of a nice 4lb fish.

Straight back over with some more micro's and 10 minutes later another bite and this time the Carp went tearing through the reeds to my left just as i thought i had it out my dacron connector broke and i lost the fish my rig and the elastic back inside my pole.

I continued for another hour noting not alot was being caught apart from the man on peg 7 who had 3 carp and a couple of tench.

I tried both margins but only had little roach whittling my pellets down so concentrated on the far bank

pegs 4.6, and 8 were also fishless apart from a few small roach and perch.

I had another foulhooked carp who tore through the reeds mashing another float and tonight was turning into a very frustrating one.

with 40 minutes to go i finally hooked and landed a nice 3lb Carp and thought 1 more would possibly get me a top 5 position but unfortunately it never came

With 10 minutes to go my swim erupted about 5 mtr's out with tiny fizzing bubbles over some pellets i had thrown out but with only shallow rigs left i couldn't hook anything and i wished i had spent a minute to attach a new rig.

At the weigh Max Palmer of Tackle Trader won the match with 14kg 2nd was 13kg and 3 was 8 4th had 5kg and 3rd had similar i had 1.5kg so 1 more decent fish and i would have been ok i believe half the people dnw and thelake is still fishing quite hard apart from a few pegs.

Looking forward now to my son's Competition on Bradley which will be a nice change as it's mainly silvers and with some new stock being put in a few weeks back am hoping he has a nice day on the Waggler

No comments:

Post a Comment